Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ted Baker Show (aka I've got to stop drinking champagne)


The Ted Baker show was… interesting.

It was interesting mainly because of the fact that I had NO idea who Ted Baker was, and quickly learned that I should probably know a little something about an organization before I start spreading word about one of their events!

Still, it ended up being a fun party!

As many of you know, the Ted Baker show was the event that we had our very first contest at Hazy Flight for. You know… the 100 ticket giveaway!

All I can say is: damn you people were fast. It took just about a day for all of our slots to fill up, which is a lot faster than we expected! (Oh, and to the guy who tried to post 30 times to get the 50th spot and the VIP ticket: respect for trying).

As usual, the drinks were pretty good at the VIP, and we were treated to some good Sagatiba mixes. Oh, and some people were buying 151 and Champagne, which is always a dangerous combo.

Well, giving me that mix of booze is just about the same as giving a terrorist a fully functional nuclear warhead. You KNOW that the results will be explosive.

The fashion show itself was quite short, and I’d have to say that I have a pretty indifferent attitude toward it. It’s not for any snobby reason, it’s mainly because I barely know what does and doesn’t look good (nor do I know anything about fashion in general).


We kept it up at the Ted Baker show until around midnight, and as usual, our favorite heroine Caryn found herself completely annihilated (shortly before the same thing happened to me), and we both went our separate ways into the night.

She was on top form for the earlier parts of the night though, and I’d have to say she did a hell of a lot better with juggling her time and entertaining everyone than I did! I felt like a headless chicken for most of the time, trying to figure out how to effectively talk to everyone that I’d invited while still finding the time to have a drink (or two… or ten).





Now… the events that happened afterwards become a little hazy.

I’m not entirely sure why, but champagne effectively erases my memory within minutes of consumption. This happens every time I drink it, but I NEVER learn my lesson!

All I remember is, I ended up going to Butter Factory (yes… again), and have been told that I made a bit of an ass out of myself.

Oh well… what can you do? People act funny when inebriated, and I’m no different. In fact, I probably act two-three times as nutty as most people when blind drunk!

I mostly just remember hanging out and having a good time with someone, having a good chat and drinking ill-advised tequila and vodka shots. As for passing out on a couch at Butter, that I know nothing about! My buddy Chandra also reckons that I talked to him for an hour or so at Butter, which I definitely have no recollection of.

This is what I most likely looked like for the latter part of the evening:

You know the usual. Big grin, not a care in the world, and also no fucking idea what's going on around him!

Then… as most Sunday mornings go, I woke up at home.

By myself.

Hung over.

However, I’d like to point out that this time I managed to keep my shirt!!! That in itself is a major victory!

I’ve really got to start taking naps after playing basketball for 2-3 hours on Saturday afternoons… I think that’s why I’ve been getting destroyed so easily lately!

Thanks to Sagatiba, Phantom Models and Buttcheeks Creative for the event, and thanks to all of you loyal readers for attending the event! I hope you guys had a great time, we’ll have some more fun stuff for you to do soon!

Oh and before I forget, congratulations to these two for winning the VIP ticket contest!

- Carlo

No comments:

Post a Comment